Tuesday, May 7, 2019

From Skopje to Rome

At 6:15pm this evening (12:15pm EDT), the Holy Father, Pope Francis arrived at the airport in Skopje where the ceremony marking his departure from North Macedonia took place.

Upon his arrival, the Pope was welcomed by the President of the Republic, Mister Gjorge Ivanov, at the entrance to the VIP Lounge, where they spoke together for a few moments.  Then, Pope Francis climbed aboard the Alitalia A321 for the return flight to Italy.

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father on the return from his Apostolic voyage to Bulgaria and North Macedonia departed from Skopje at 6:30pm local time (12:30pm EDT) and arrived at Rome's Ciampino International airport at 7:50pm local time (1:50pm EDT).


Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
sent to the President of the Republic of North Macedonia

Immediately after the departure of his aircraft from Skopje, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Mister Gjorge Ivanov.

His Excellency, Gjorge Ivanov
President of the Republic of North Macedonia
Skopje

As I leave North Macedonia, I wish to express my deep gratitude to Your Excellency, the government and all the people of North Macedonia for your cordial welcome and generous hospitality.  With the assurance of my prayers, I invoke upon the nation the divine blessings of peace and joy.

Francis

During the flight from Skopje to Rome, while flying over Albania, Montenegro and Croatia, and entering into Italian airspace, the Pope sent the following messages to the respective Heads of State.

While flying over Albania

His Excellency, Ilir Meta
President of the Republic of Albania
Tirana

On my return journey to Rome from my visit to Bulgaria and North Macedonia, I convey to Your Excellency and the Albanian people the assurance of my prayers and best wishes.

Francis

While flying over Montenegro

His Excellency, Milo Dukanović
President of Montenegro
Pokgorica

As I return to Rome from my pastoral visit to Bulgaria and North Macedonia, I wish to renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens the assurance of my prayers and best wishes for all in the nation.

Francis

While flying over Croatia

Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zagreb

On my return journey to Rome, I send greetings to Your Excellency and the people of Croatia. Entrusting the nation to the providence of Almighty God, I willingly invoke upon all of you the divine blessings of joy and peace.

Francis

Arrival in Italy

To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale 00187 Rome

Returning from my pastoral voyage to Bulgaria and North Macedonia, where I had the possibility to meet the Christian Community who wish to serve that country and that people who are anchored in solid spiritual traditions, I willingly express to you, Mister President and to the beloved Italian people my respectful greetings, together with a special prayer for the well-being and the progress of the entire nation.

Francis

No comments: