Thursday, May 2, 2019

Greetings to the Emperor

This morning, the Holy See Press Centre published the text of a telegram which the Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent to the Emperor of Japan, His Majesty, Naruhito, marking the occasion of his ascension to the Chrysanthemum Throne.

Emperor Naruhito (front)
with his wife, son and daughter

Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis

His Imperial Majesty
Naruhito
Emperor of Japan

I extend to Your Majesty my cordial greetings and best wishes on the occasion of your solemn accession to the throne, and I assure you of my prayers that you may be endowed always with the gifts of wisdom and strength in your dedicated service to the nation. Upon you, the Members of the Imperial Family and all the people of Japan, I invoke the divine blessings of peace and well-being.

Francis

No comments: