Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Condolences to Saint Andrews and Edinburgh

This morning, having received the news of the death last night of His Eminence, Cardinal Keith Michael Patrick O'Brien, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent a telegram of condolence to His Excellency, Leo William Cushley, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh (Scotland).


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
expressing condolences at the death of
Cardinal Keith Michael Patrick O'Brien

The Most Reverend Leo W. Cushley
Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh

I was saddened to learn of the death of His Eminence, Cardinal Keith Patrick O’Brien, and I offer heartfelt condolences to you, his family and all who mourn his passing. Commending his soul to the merciful love of God our Father, and with the assurance of my prayers for the Archdiocese of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh, I cordially impart my Apostolic Blessing as a pledge of peace and consolation in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Francis

No comments: